If you ever wanted to make your own car, this is definitely a project you should check out!
What you'll need:
1 piece of cardboard (4"x6")
1 rubber band
1 straw (preferably bendy)
2 straws (preferably non-bendy)
2 kabob skewers
4 bottle caps
Tape & Scissors as necessary
How to make your car:
- Take your 4 bottle caps and poke a hole through each cap, just large enough for the kabob sticks to go through. These will become the wheels of your car.
- Stick one kabob stick through each straw.
- Put bottle caps on each end of the kabob stick.
- Tape the straws (with the kabob sticks in them) onto your piece of cardboard. The cardboard will become the base of your car, and your kabob sticks with the "wheels" will allow your car to move!
- Now, we need to find a way to power your car. To do this, stick the longer end of your bendy straw into the mouth of your balloon, and make it stay with your rubber band.
- Tape the longer end of the straw (near the bend) onto your piece of cardboard.
- Now, you can inflate your balloon by blowing into the short end of your straw. When you put your car on the ground and let the air out of your balloon, you can see it travel!
If you want to see a working demo, please check out this video:
Good luck, and have fun!